As you might have guessed, many many of our public events have been canceled. However, we look forward to an event filled 2021.
We did many other events- you can find pictures on our Facebook page- Fantail Farm LLC.
- Horse Progress Days- Arthur Illinois
- Leelanau County Poor Farm Barn Day & Demonstration
- Rex Dobson’s Ruby Ellen Farm Plow Day
- Chippewa Nature Center Plow Day at the Farm
- Harbor Days Parade- Elk Rapids
- Swensson Farm Horse Power Event- Montevideo MN
- Manistee County Fair & Horse Pull
- Northwest Michigan Fair Draft Barn display & wagon rides
Well, this overnight rain has taken away the last little bit of snow we had. We can still operate the Christmas wagons, though!
Carriage rides through Bear Lake’s Sparkling Park happen on Saturdays in December. While we got rained out two of the four Saturdays, we hope to be back next year!
Our horses have enough life experience we feel comfortable trying different things. This is our first attempt at a 4-up hitch, using a rope & pulley system. We had good success and learned a lot in the process. Hannah is not a good leader, but Haylee is. Fergus might make a better leader, and Finn is a great wheel horse (closest to wagon). We’ll be switching them around the next attempt!
We took the opportunity while there was some soft snow/cushion, to give the geldings Fergus and Finn a test ride. While driving is their first job, we’re not going to limit them to driving as their only job! Angel accepted the challenge to climb aboard and see how they would handle themselves. It was a success!